Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I AM CHACARUNA!


She Appeared!

The sound of tribal drumming is being played in the studio...  it's rhythmic.  I have selected 3 colors that have energy for me.  I am blind folded.  I am on the floor with paper and paint.  My palette is to the right, I dip my fingers in and begin to tap to the beat...more paint, tap, smear, sway...I am in!  After 10 minutes we are told to remove our blindfolds.

She appeared through a process painting retreat this past weekend.  This is not the first time, but it is the first time I truly felt her presence.

She was fierce at commanding her space on the paper.

She was deliberate.

She was particular.  She demanded to be seen.

I love turquoise, I'm wild about pink and passionate about purple!  She is NOT!  I felt her headdress was to be painted with turquoise, pink and purple feathers...she did not!  This dance of color continued for a day and a half.  She won.  Personally I think it clashes with the background and her, but there is no denying...she is here the way she wants to be!

She is bold, brave and a bit quirky!  I can't hear her, but I want to...I like her!

I feel a strong connection to this image.  I believe she is a bridge person...I am certain.  As I continued to feel the paint and her energy...her eyes opened and her mouth began to appear.

And then...She whispered softly to me with authority...I AM CHACARUNA!  I've been with you all along, but you could not see me.   I have watched over you.  I have protected you.  I live by the bridge.  It is not time for you to cross...there is much more for you to do.

I will show you...I AM CHACARUNA!



No comments:

Post a Comment