Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gather & Gab

We gathered and gabbed for 4 hours...
Goddess Gathering Globe
We shared secrets.

We laughed.

We solved the problems of the world.

And we created! 

Women have gathered since the beginning of time...it was necessary then...and now even more! 

They gathered for ritual.

          To celebrate.

          To mourn.

          To nurture.

          To eat.

          To birth.

          To create.

As we get older and wiser...gathering with women is so important and necessary.   

I hear from women so often...I don't know what to do with myself anymore.  The kids are gone.  I've had success in business; I don't need to work.  I just want to have fun!

I can so relate to this!  My recent motto is:  NO FUN, NO DO!

I think we're just stuck, because for  the past 25-30 years we've been taking care of everybody else, right?  

I remember as a kid watching Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver and so many other wholesome sitcoms...(yes, I'm dating myself...and BTW wouldn't our world be a lot better off if those shows were still on?)  Anyhow...my point...when Mrs. Anderson (the mom) needed a cup of sugar, she would run next store to the neighbor and ask to borrow a cup...which would lead to a cup of coffee, a piece of cake...and a whole lot of conversation.

Today if I need a cup of sugar, I'll drive to the store and buy it...I wouldn't even think of knocking on my neighbor's door to ask for a cup of sugar!!!  Heck I don't even know their names...much less what they look like!!!

So what happened to that friendly, everyone knows everyone "neighborhood"?  Instead of sitting on the front porch chatting with the neighbors, we're watching a 52" TV mounted on the patio wall while the kids play in the pool!  

We don't park on the street.  We open the garage door with a remote, drive in, and close the door.  No one in the neighborhood knows if we're dead or alive...unless of course the newspapers start piling up on the driveway.  Even then...the neighbor would probably only knock on your door if your newspaper trash was bothering them!  

Yes, gathering with women is important.  It's fun.  It's life-saving.  

Creating with women is sacred.  

My friend and I sat and and chatted for hours while we glued pieces of tile, glass and jewels on a styrofoam ball.  We laughed...we shared secrets...we solved problems...we played "what if"...

We vowed to always gather...to giggle, to grow, to be gorgeous, to be grateful!

We created the "Goddess Gathering Globe"...it is sacred!

Do you gather with your girlfriends?  

Please share a story of your Goddess Gathering.















No comments:

Post a Comment