Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Belizimo

WELCOME TO MY COUNTRY!
Little Things...Big Impact!


WE MADE IT...CHEERS!

What a life altering trip!

When my friend, Lisa asked me if I wanted to go to Belize...
I immediately without a bit of hesitation, said...YES!

OMG...YES!

So on March 27th we boarded a plane for Belize!

She had plans.  Things to do.  Places to go.

I didn't!

I wasn't even sure where in Belize we were going!  I didn't care.

There is something really wonderful about going along for the ride.

Knowing.  Trusting...that all the details were handled and taken care of...that's a vacation in its self!

And they were!

There were moments of craziness...like sitting in the Belize Airport waiting for our next flight and being at the wrong gate...and then island hopping on a plane that sounded like a sewing machine and literally zig-zagged down the runway before magically being lifted into the air...I know there was some divine intervention there!
 It happened each time...we held our breath...white knuckles...looks of terror...and then a sigh of relief...
we made it again!

There were moments of hospitality...when we were met at the airport by Chan, the Birdman.  He was our driver, expert bird watcher...and soon became our friend.  We were welcomed at the Belcampo Lodge with a cool hand towel, smiles and a glass of fresh lime water.   We knew this was going to be a special week!

There were moments of reflection...
The people of Belize are happy and generous.
They are gracious.
They are proud.
They are spirit-dwellers.
They are earth-keepers.
They are teachers!

There were many more moments of...
magic, spirit, people, ruins, fishing, music, scorpions, pigs and wonder.

 I will share those another time.

It's been 2 months since that magical trip.

Today Lisa and I spent the day reminiscing about Belize.

We are both still feeling the Belizimo magic!

This is my take-away from Belize...

I WANT LESS, SO I CAN HAVE MORE!

2 comments:

  1. Sherri,

    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I had no idea that you were a blogger too!

    BTW, your art has ALREADY touched me!

    xoxox
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again!

    Just wanted to tell you that the workshop I went to was instructed my Carol Nelson. Look her up. It was so exciting and such fun....you would love it.

    ReplyDelete